1. The Club shall be called Gemstones Gymnastics, hereinafter referred to as the Club.
2. The purpose and aim of the Club is to promote the amateur sport of Gymnastics in Streatham, London, and the surrounding area.
3. The Club shall be affiliated to British Gymnastics and to London Region Gymnastics.
4. The Club shall appoint a suitably qualified Welfare Officer (currently Charlie Crabtree) who will be involved in all policy-making decisions within the Club.
5. Each training session at the Club will be conducted by suitably qualified British Gymnastics Coaches.
6. All children participating in Gymnastics at the Club require British Gymnastics Membership. The annual membership includes personal accident insurance cover through British Gymnastics and is due 1st October annually.
7. Membership of the Club is open to any child interested in the sport regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, religion or other beliefs. However, limitation of membership according to facilities and/or qualifications is allowed. For this reason, gymnasts will be asked to attend a trial and may have to join a waiting list for a space.
8. Membership of the Club for both gymnasts and parents will be bound by and subject to the Policies and Procedures as set out by the Club. Copies of Policies and Procedures may be found on the Club Website and in paper form, which can be requested from the Club Secretary.
9. All Club and British Gymnastics membership fees must be paid when due. No gymnast may train without BG membership. Parents must pay and register their child via BG. Fees are charged every half term and will be due by the second week of each group of sessions – fees paid after this will be deemed as late and a £5 administration fee will be added to later payments. Any member who does not pay fees promptly may be deemed as having left the Club. Fees are only refundable under exceptional circumstances.
11. The Club may have different classes of membership and subscription on a non-discriminatory and fair basis. The Club will keep subscriptions at levels that will not pose a significant obstacle to participation and, therefore, a waiting list may be maintained.
12. The Club reserves the right to refuse membership, or to remove it, only for good cause such as conduct or character likely to bring the Club or sport into disrepute. The member has the right of appeal. This must be made in writing to the Club Secretary giving the grounds for the appeal within 14 days of the expulsion or suspension. It will be considered by the Club Secretary and Welfare Officer within 14 days of receipt, and the decision made after due consideration of the written details presented.
13. In the event of dissolution of the Club all assets will be sold to pay any debt. Any equipment which was purchased with funding received will be given to local charitable organisations.
Head Coach / Founder